Passengers embarking on their flights at Kilimanjaro International airport are not allowed to carry or use the following substances due to security and safety concerns.
- Corrosives substances such as mercury and vehicle batteries.
- Explosives including fireworks, flares and toy guns caps.
- Flammable materials, Passengers are not allowed to smoke cigarettes and carry items such as petrol, lighter fuel, paint, thinners, non-safety matches, fire lighters, flammable glue
- Gases including compressed gas cylinders, tear gas, mace, pepper sprays, household aerosols.
- Poisons including weed killers, pesticides, insecticides
- Other dangerous goods such as magnetized or radioactive material, toxic or infectious substances like laboratory diagnostic samples.
RESTRICTIONS ON LIQUIDS, AEROSOLS & GELS (LAGS) IN CABIN BAGGAGE
All liquids, gels and aerosols must be in 100 ml/g or smaller containers. Maximum size allowed for each container is 100ml/g.
All liquids, gels and aerosols must be placed in a single, 1000ml/g or less, zip-top, clear plastic bag. Gallon size bags or bags that are not zip-top such as fold-over sandwich bags are not allowed. Each traveller can use only one, 1000ml/g, zip-top, clear plastic bag.
Each traveller must remove their 1000ml/g plastic, zip-top bag from their carry-on and place it in a tray or on the conveyor belt for X-ray screening. X-raying separately will allow Airport Security Officers to more easily examine the declared items.
Please keep in mind that these rules were developed after extensive research and understanding of current threats.